Friday, July 18, 2014

Finished Project: HotPatterns Weekender Daytona Hoodie (version 2 - in white)

I'll keep this post short, since I'm primarily using it to document the first piece that I completed in my mini-wardrobe, another version of the HotPatterns Weekender Daytona Hoodie:

HotPatterns Weekender Daytona Hoodie

I made exactly the same view (elbow-length sleeves, pullover version) as I did the last time that I used this pattern. I didn't even make any fit changes, since I was happy with the fit on the last version (I had made a wearable muslin prior to that and worked out a few fit tweaks at that point.)

The fabric for this version came from my stash: a white cotton-lycra jersey from Fashionista Fabrics (now closed). It's a nice, mid-weight jersey with both good drape and good body. I'd held onto it for a few years because I felt that the "perfect t-shirt fabric" should be used by the "perfect t-shirt pattern", and while this isn't a t-shirt exactly, I know that I will wear it a ton. Thankfully, we keep a tub of oxyclean in our laundry room to help it maintain its whiteness when I spill things on it, or it gets toddlered.

I love this pattern--it has so many options for either a relaxed pullover top or lightweight layering piece. However, at this point, having made three versions of it in recent months (including the wearable muslin that I've worn a ton but never photographed), I am putting it away until Fall. (I do have a couple of fun knits already pulled out of my stash and earmarked for long-sleeved versions of it then, though!)

1 comment: