Thursday, September 11, 2014

Guest post on the Curvy Sewing Collective!

Just a quick note today: If you haven't already done so today, hop on over to the Curvy Sewing Collective, where I've written a guest post all about shopping for knits with a wrap dress project in mind:

Wrapalong: choosing your fabric (and fabric discounts!)

If you're unfamiliar with the Curvy Sewing Collective, the CSC is a collective blog from a group of gorgeous, fabulous curvy-figured sewists. Articles have a focus of sewing for a curvy figure and body positivity. I highly recommend checking them out.



Additionally, the CSC is gearing up to host a sewalong starting in a few weeks. The sewalong will be for that iconic, curve-friendly garment, the wrap dress. In conjunction with the sewalong, they've posted some great discount codes to one of my favorite online fabric stores (Gorgeous Fabrics) and a new-to-me but very enticing store, The Smuggler's Daughter.

In sewing news, I finished my HotPatterns Torque Top a few days ago but haven't taken pictures yet. It's a fun top and a fun pattern. I'll post my full review once I've gotten the top photographed. I've also started on a knit polo dress for my daughter. The dress has a contrast polo placket, and I've never done this sort of placket before. It's sort of giving me fits. I think I've figured out what my big problem is, though and am hoping that after some seam ripping, the rest will go smoothly. If the dress turns out as cute as I'm expecting, I'll be using this pattern again, and hopefully the placket will only take 1 or 2 attempts next time instead of 3 or 4.

2 comments:

  1. How cool!! I enjoy reading the CSC posts so very nice to see you blogging over there too.

    I have heard scary things from many a seamstress more skilled than me, about knit plackets. Maybe you can give a tutorial once you've mastered it! :-D

    ooh and I first became aware of The Smuggler's Daughter via Carolyn (DoaSF) and holy cow does that shop have some cool pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the instructions for the placket aren't terrible, but I feel like she could have used an editor and some better photos. I'll talk more about them when I do my review post, but yes, when I feel like I've mastered the contrast placket, I'll post a tutorial here.

      Delete