Friday, November 13, 2015

This Week in Patterns (13-Nov-2015)

I don't have much of a roundup this week because there weren't any actual releases. I do have a few pattern-related updates to share, though.
  • Blank Slate Patterns
  • Curvy Sewing Collective
  • HotPatterns
  • Sinbad & Sailor
Blank Slate Patterns: Denver Tunic and Dress

The Blank Slate Denver Tunic and Dress pattern, which I reviewed over at the CSC, is now available as a stand-alone pattern and no longer requires purchase of the whole bundle.

Blank Slate - Denver tunic

I will say that I've really been loving this tunic--it gets worn nearly every wash cycle. I never actually put the pattern away after my last version because I really want to make another one soon, although I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to make another tunic first or try the flared dress view for my next one.

Curvy Sewing Collective: Nominate Your Favorite Curvy Patterns of 2015

Of course, I'm going to plug my own poll.

Over at the CSC, we're going to be doing a year-end roundup of our readers' favorite patterns. To narrow down the voting for the final poll, though, we're soliciting nominations first.

As someone with access to the data, I will say that in some of the categories the nomination voting is VERY close. So please, if you have a favorite pattern or two that you want to see get some recognition, please nominate it to ensure that it makes the cut for the final vote. You don't have to vote for every category, either--just vote for the ones that you want:

Curvy Pattern Nominations Poll

HotPatterns: Boudoir of Bliss - Bel-Air Lounging Pajama Limited Re-issue

On the HotPatterns Facebook group earlier this week, a member posted a picture of luxurious-looking vintage-inspired pajamas and asked Trudy if she could draft something like that. The picture wasn't terribly different from the Out-of-Print (OOP) Bel-Air pajamas that HotPatterns put out a while back (~ 6 years ago, if I remember correctly). When a number of members chimed in their disappointment that the pattern was out of print, Trudy offered to do a very limited print run for a re-issue of the pattern.

HotPatterns - Bel Air Lounging Pajamas



My understanding is that there are only a few copies left, but if you missed the pattern the first time, it's now available again for a short time, so here's your chance! (I actually own a copy of this from back when it was originally in print but haven't yet made them up.)

Sinbad & Sailor: Shop Closing Announcement

London-based indie pattern maker Hannah of Sinbad & Sailor announced this week that she'd be closing up shop at the end of the year. I've seen her patterns some around the SBC but I haven't ever featured S&S patterns in my weekly posts due to both the lack of recent releases and S&S's limited size range. If you have previously purchased but not downloaded any patterns from S&S, Hannah advises you to download and save your patterns before the shop closes.

 

Final Thoughts

That's it for now!  Any thoughts or questions on this week's updates?

4 comments:

  1. I love this lounging pyjamas. They are very chic. Really intrigued to see which patterns will make the top of the curvy sewing list. I always enjoy reading which ones are the Top 10 of the yearn PR, so it is nice to have some input on the curve-friendly ones. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nominations coming in have been interesting. A few are pretty obvious, but let's just say that I've been pleasantly surprised (for the most part) both at what has and what HASN'T been getting nominated. ;)

      Delete
  2. No wows for me. Did you see that Colette is releasing some of their Seamwork articles in print? *drool emoticon* I know, I know. My major not-a-fangirl is showing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw that. I'm going to try to reserve judgment until I see what's included, but I'll also say that I'm not overly optimistic.

      Delete